Author Topic: Hope to get more information about "High-K dielectric and complex interface"  (Read 2964 times)

Offline fangyongxinxi

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
Dear Sir,
two questions:
I am interested in High-k dielectric and complex interface system, and I got alot of help from the tutorial in this forum. I hope quantumwise could give more detail information about how to set up the configuration of the complex interface, because how to build the complex interface system is difficult for new beginners.
how to build the Ru-HfO2-Ru system? anything special set should be add , or just like we did as Fe-MgO-Fe ?
could we build a more complex interface system ? for example, Ru-HfO2-HfN-Ru. Is that ok?

Offline zh

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
The VNL provides user-friendly interface, it is not difficult to build a interface ystem.  From pointview of physics, when one builds an interface system, the most important thing that should be taken care of is the lattice match. First, you should consider the lattice math between Ru and HfO2 according to their lattice constants and the crystal structures. To make the lattice mismathc smaller, one had better choose the proper surfaces of them and the surface area. Basically, you can follow the steps demonstrated for the construction of Fe-MgO-Fe.