Author Topic: query about warnung message  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Florina

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
query about warnung message
« on: December 17, 2013, 14:12 »
I am unable to understand that what is the meaning behind this message - ################################################################################
# WARNING                                                                      #
#                                                                              #
# The computed TB09 meta-GGA exchange-correlation potential                    #
# diverged in   0.60 % of the simulation volume, and was                       #
# truncated to be in the range [-10.0000,  10.0000] Hartree                    #
#                                                                              #
################################################################################

what changes should i do to avoid this message ? what are the steps which should be written in the script to avoid this warning message ?
thank you for helping !

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: query about warnung message
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 16:06 »
This is often seen when using MGGA for systems with vacuum. It's usually note a big problem at all, but in case you are using ATK 12.8, you can try the newer version which has some improvements - we are also working on some additional upgrades of MGGA for 14.2 (some may already appear in 13.8.1).

Offline Florina

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:37 »
Rev.

I am already using the ATK 13.8 version and still i m getting the warning ! instead of MGGA can i use the GGA-RPBE for calculating optical spectrum ?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 10:32 »
It's really just a warning about a small inconsistency in the density in the vacuum, I doubt it will have any influence on your results. You can use any functional you want for the optical spectrum and other calculations. If the accuracy is good or not depends on the system.