Author Topic: What's the relationship between the bloch state and tranmission eigenstate?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline pengdou

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Dear all:

What's the relationship between the bloch state from the electrodes and tranmission eigenstate?
Any comments will be appreciated!

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
They are satisfied the boundary conditions (i.e.,continuity) at the joint position between electrodes the scattering region.  The bloch state from electrode could be taken as an incident wavefunction.

Offline pengdou

• View Profile
They are satisfied the boundary conditions (i.e.,continuity) at the joint position between electrodes the scattering region.  The bloch state from electrode could be taken as an incident wavefunction.
Do you mean the transmission eigenstate can be considered as the decaying process of bloch state arising from the electrode in the scattering region?

Offline Nordland

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
More or less, yes :)

Offline pengdou

• View Profile
More or less, yes :)
Hi Nordland ,
I am still confused about the real part and imaginary part of tranmission eigenstates.
As mentioned in this article(PHYSICAL REVIEW B 76, 115117),when the author talked about the transmission through the OPV molecule(shown in Fig.4),he said "Since the wave is almost totally reflected, the imaginary part of the wave function is too small to be seen in the figure."
Then is my understanding about this word:It seems that it is the imaginary part of the tranmission eigenchannel represents the electron transimiting from left to right and since it can't be seen in the figure,so the wave is almost totally reflected.(I think my opinion is wrong)While the real part of the tranmission eigenchannel can be clear seen in this figure and reach the right electrode.What does the real part of the tranmission eigenchannel represents for? ???
I don't know the actual physical meaning of real part and imaginary part of the tranmission eigenchannel. Does the combination of real part and imaginary part of the tranmission eigenchannel represent the electron transmitting behaviour or the two can have individual physical meaning respectively? ???
Could please give me your opinions about this?I sincerely need your help! :)
« Last Edit: July 7, 2010, 10:56 by pengdou »