Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Questions and Answers / Re: Orbital coefficients
« Last post by Anders Blom on Yesterday at 20:17 »
It just need to have converged the molecular calculation. You can project on individual atoms (the example shows projection on N, H, H, H through the numbers 0,1,2,3.) or a collection of atoms by giving more than one index in the list.
« Last post by lohy on Yesterday at 08:38 »
Wonderful thank you!  - you had a great idea 10 years ago  :)

Just to be sure, the script "only" needs the configuration and the energy state of the molecule I am interested in? and then I can choose which atoms I want to project on? where you have e.g. 0, can I then have a list or do I need to have a line for each atom in the molecule?
How to get/plot the loss function for the training/testing set of the moment tensor potential, i.e., variation in the error with respect to the number of epochs.
General Questions and Answers / Re: Random Swap of Elements
« Last post by Anders Blom on May 10, 2024, 00:17 »
Python coding...
You can easily access the elements in a structure with configuration.elements(), that gives a list of the elements, you can then use the random.random() function to pick indices in a relevant way, replace an element and then put it back into the configuration with the secret method configuration._changeAtoms(elements=new_elements).

Or you can just remake the configuration from it's old parts:
new_configuration = BulkConfiguration(old_configuration.bravaisLattice(), new_elements, old_configuration.cartesianCoordinates())
« Last post by Anders Blom on May 9, 2024, 21:42 »
Lucky for you I actually wrote a script to do this about 10 years ago, but nobody seemed to need the functionality so we never made it a feature in the software.

The usage is pretty obvious; the return is a list (one entry per eigenstate) of arrays, which contain the "contributions" (projections) onto the angular momenta s, p, d, and f.

I tested with NH3 from the example in the manual (https://docs.quantumatk.com/manual/Types/ElectronDensity/ElectronDensity.html) and the run this slightly clumsy code

Code: python
from PartialNorm import getPartialNorms
molecule = nlread("nh3.hdf5", MoleculeConfiguration)[0]
# HOMO state is 3
ix = 3
partial_norms = getPartialNorms(molecule, projection_atoms=[0])
print(partial_norms[ix])
partial_norms = getPartialNorms(molecule, projection_atoms=[1])
print(partial_norms[ix])
partial_norms = getPartialNorms(molecule, projection_atoms=[2])
print(partial_norms[ix])
partial_norms = getPartialNorms(molecule, projection_atoms=[3])
print(partial_norms[ix])

We can then see that the HOMO level derives almost 90% from Nitrogen (mostly p-states), but if we change to ix=4 we note that LUMO has a lot more H contributions (and the LUMO state is, as expected, dominated by s-states). Hopefully this is helpful for the analysis of your molecule too.

This function can be used for a lot of other cool things, like mapping out where s and p states dominate in the band structure of GaAs (RGB color scale mapped from spd contributions) as in the attached picture!
Yes the same trick should work
Yeah that should be enough. Are these DOS lines at very low energy or around the Fermi level? Really hard to provide any help without the actual input and output...
General Questions and Answers / Re: Unit trouble dipole moments
« Last post by Anders Blom on May 9, 2024, 20:30 »
I don't think there should be any confusion about units? It prints
X Y Z of dipole: [ 7.50489746e-07 -5.50684384e-05  6.86097535e-01] Bohr**4*e
to the file, and if you had printed the magnitude as you perhaps intended (you write m1 to the file) it would have shown
0.686097536725 Bohr**4*e

(The numbers are not your numbers as I don't have your molecule, I just use NH3 as an example)

Oh, I see you still use the old wrong script from the manual. You need to remove * length_unit**3 from the line defining dV
Hello,

I am having the same issue with V-2023.12 with the builder tool on Windows. Restore Layout also does not work... is there a similar work around?

Thanks!
General Questions and Answers / Re: Unit trouble dipole moments
« Last post by MariaWJ on May 9, 2024, 12:09 »
I have attached the script I use to get the dipole. It is a modified version of the one you have to get the dipole from the electron density, this one just uses the electron difference density. I hope it is not too messy.

Hope you can help,
Maria
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10