Author Topic: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'electrodeVoltages'  (Read 2698 times)

Offline sergio

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi,

When I have used the script "I-V curve and voltage drop" under the "Mini-tutorials" I have encountered the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "I-V_Analysis.py", line 16, in <module>
biases = [float(conf.calculator().electrodeVoltages()[0]-conf.calculator().electrodeVoltages()[1]) for conf in configurations] 
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'electrodeVoltages'

Thanks for your help,

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
This means your "conf" is a configuration without a calculator attached. Perhaps the NetCDF file you read from contains several configurations, and it picks the wrong one in the "nlread" statement.

Offline sergio

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi,

This means your "conf" is a configuration without a calculator attached.

Without calculator how is possible to get NetCDF file? I have already obtained NetCDF files.

Perhaps the NetCDF file you read from contains several configurations, and it picks the wrong one in the "nlread" statement.

I have just re-checked the NetCDF files. Each one contains only "Device configuration" with object ID "gID000".

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
You can save a configuration without a calculator to a NetCDF file, and it can be hard to see if this is the case or not.

One way is to check the size of the NC file; without a calculator it's very small, with a calulator it's at least a few megabytes.

Offline sergio

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Thanks for your quick reply,

By the way, was it possible to take a look at the question regarding the spin dependent custom analyzer and differential conductance in

http://quantumwise.com/forum/index.php?topic=2107.0 ?

Thanks,