Author Topic: Device design  (Read 1147 times)

Offline physics

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Device design
« on: January 12, 2024, 14:02 »
Hi,

I want to design below attached hetero structure device and further want to calculate IV. Please let me know how to design this type of device. My main concern is to design device having leads on the top of device only.

Thanks

Offline physics

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: Device design
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 10:20 »
Hi everyone,

Please let me know the possible answer. It will be a great help.

Thanks

Offline physics

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 12:33 »
Hi everyone,

Let me know about the possibility in this. I tried building this device, but after making structure, the device builder icon is not active.

Please help.

Thanks

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 23:39 »
The fundamental point to realize is that a device has the left and right leads repeated semi-infinitely to the left and right. So if you are ok with that in your design, it's not a problem to build it.

Offline physics

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2024, 09:36 »
Hi Anders Blom,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please let me know how to do left and right lead repetition semi infinitely , as I always find that builder itself do this and  there is no option to do it by myself. Please elaborate in details. It will be a great help.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 22:17 »
It's kind of hard to do by yourself, it's really best to let the Builder do it. In theory the method is simple though, you need to identify a part of the left and right sides that are periodic, and then extend these in both directions. You can practice or test with a much simpler configuration, or see https://docs.quantumatk.com/tutorials/atk_transport_calculations/atk_transport_calculations.html for some guidance. But getting the exact script right by hand requires a bit of experience, for sure.

Offline physics

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2024, 09:52 »
Hi Anders Blom,

Thank you for your reply. I tried with simple structures (only 1 monolayer) and it is working fine. But for the current structure, it is not considering structure as a device (device builder is not enabled). I think I am missing something with the repetition of electrode part or with the direction (always keeping C and Z in same direction). Could you please suggest how to extend left and right sides as I can see it is done automatically. Also, even though C and Z are in same direction, the device builder is disabled.

Thank you

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2024, 20:42 »
It's really not possible to answer better than the general info unless you share what the system looks like, in detail. You can email the Python file to me if you don't want to share it publicly.