Author Topic: I want to know the electrode correspondence in the PN junction diode.  (Read 1581 times)

Offline tengda fan

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
In the 2022-12-sp1 version, the D and S electrodes corresponded to the left and right electrodes during the PN junction, respectively. However, in the 2023-12-sp1 version, the electrode correspondence is reversed, i.e. the left electrode corresponds to S and the right electrode corresponds to D. This results in opposite I-V curves for the two versions under the same calculation script. I wonder which version is the right one.
In addition, in version 2023-12-sp1, the bias defined in the I-V curve script is Vds=Vd-Vs, and Vs is set to 0, while the bias is still set by subtracting the right electrode from the left electrode in DeviceLCAOCalculator, which may means Vs-Vd. I wonder if there is a conflict between these two? Or am I misunderstanding what it means?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
We switched them around to be more consistent with TCAD or general textbook notation for electronics, that's all. In the end it just changes the sign of the bias, there isn't strictly any "right or wrong" except to label the two sides (which of course in a real transistor is crucial).