Author Topic: Puzzle about the I-V characteristics of bilayer graphene compared with monolayer  (Read 19192 times)

Offline amanpreet

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi Anders,

Thanks for your reply .I am going through this paper they have created a bulk graphene on si structure. Can I create something like this, isn't it like we have only use the bulk structure available in database. Can we repeat the unit structure to supercell. I am just new to this software. Actually I have just stated my graduate program and I am assisting my lab mates who are working on a device in which graphene is placed on Si(already fabricate). Now we want to study effect on optical properties( absorption of light) of device after placing graphene on top.

Thanks

Offline amanpreet

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply, I am going through that paper. But how can we realize bulk structure of graphine on silicon sturucture. How do we generally convert fro bulk configuration to mass configuration.

Offline donmbringer

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi. I am also facing the problem when building bilayer graphene. I tried as what you said, to start by graphite in database, and then change the coordinates of the second layer very close to the first layer. But, it seems that this does not work when calculating the Band strcutrue. Could you please give me hand?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
See answer to other post. Please don't crosspost, it just creates more work for us.