Author Topic: ATK can not work  (Read 6315 times)

Offline John

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
ATK can not work
« on: October 27, 2011, 16:39 »
Dear Sir,
   It works well before the restart of our server. However, unfortuantly, recently, our linux server had been restarted, and atk (11.2.3) can not work after the restart. I had tried to reinstall it, while it still does not work. After the installation, when I executive the commond "atkpython", it displays the error information

"License Error: (Internal: 292 Feature: ATKPython)

(Err: 9) Feature not found

For further assistance consult the manual or contact QuantumWise
"

Note: The service license file had been put into the installation path /home/user1/bin/atk/license, and I had tried to start the license server using the commend "lmx-serv-quantum -b -l /home/user1/bin/atk/license/qw_license.lic -lf /home/user1/bin/atk/license/lmxserver.log".

Can you give any suggestion?

Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 16:42 by John »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: ATK can not work
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 17:06 »
Reinstall will not be needed, this is probably related to a failure of the license server to start up. Maybe it's trying to access an invalid or expired license file?

You mentioned you tried to start the license server, but are there any error messages in the log-file from the license server?

One way to test the license server is to run it in the foreground, without the -b and without the -lf options, and see what it says.

Offline John

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: ATK can not work
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 03:41 »
Thank you for your advice, Anders Blom. It can work well now.  :-[ I think I made one mistake when starting the license server. It should directly run it"lmx-serv-quantum -b -l /home/user1/bin/atk/license/qw_license.lic -lf /home/user1/bin/atk/license/lmxserver.log", not to rsh one node then run it.   ;D