Author Topic: Analyzer script for calcualting Current vs. Gate Voltage variation.  (Read 6018 times)

Offline Ash

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
I have generated a netCDF file that only has different gate voltages and corresponding transmission spectrums. I want to plot current vs. gate voltages plot at certain electrode potentials. Can we make such an analyzer's script that does this?
I tried to plot it using default Analyzer's I-V curve but since the voltages of left and right terminals are fixed therefore ATK could not plot the current variations.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
It probably overkill to make an Analyzer script for this. All you really need is to compute the current for each case, save these numbers, and make a simple plot in Excel, GNUPlot, or whatever you prefer.

So I would just loop through the transmission spectra, compute the current, and make sure you remember which current belongs to each gate voltage and electrode potential combination (this depends on how you organized the data, so I can't advise more specifically, like if there is one NetCDF file with all gate voltages for one electrode bias, or all data collected into one huge file, or one file per gate voltage for different electrode bias).

Offline Ash

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Thanks Blom for reply !!
I think I'll have to do everything manually then  :)