Author Topic: ATK 12.2.1 demo version not installing on Linux RedHat 64 bit  (Read 7282 times)

Offline Shatendra

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
I am trying to install demo version of ATk 12.2.1  288.5 MB file from the download page to install on HP ProLiant ML330 G6 Server  as a client alone. The downloaded bin file is not opening. what is the problem? I am switching to it from windows 7 machine bcs in Windows 7 all four cores of the machine are not utilized as I am told by the ATK sales rep in India. I wish to try the performance of ATK on Linux machine first before migrating to it. Pls also advise if Quadra 600 graphic card from Nvidia is of use or Not?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
It is possible that your download procedure has not preserved the executable flag on the file. Open a terminal and navigate to the folder where the bin file is saved, and type "chmod u+x atk*.bin", and then run it using "./atk-12.1.1-linux64.bin".

There is, however, no difference in terms of core utilization between Windows and Linux, that is an incorrect statement. Running ATK on Linux can however be faster because there is typically less OS overhead; of course, if Windows uses one core more or less constantly, that core is not available to ATK.

ATK supports all graphics card, but the important point is what driver you have. You should make sure to use the NVidia vendor driver, not the one which comes with your Linux distribution.

Offline kstokbro

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumWise
The graphics card is used to enhance the visualization,
it is not used to speed up the ATK calculation.