Author Topic: ImportError: No module named MonkhorstPack  (Read 9274 times)

Offline premkumar85

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
ImportError: No module named MonkhorstPack
« on: July 3, 2009, 07:50 »
I am studying transport properties of gold mono wires. i downloaded a tutorial form quantumwise.com and i am trying to run a script to plot K-point Vs transmission coeffient. But there is an error which shows "ImportError: No module named MonkhorstPack".

the tutorial link is here http://www.quantumwise.com/documents/tutorials/Tutorial_GoldMonowire.pdf

i have attached the script and log for your reference. help me to solve this error

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: ImportError: No module named MonkhorstPack
« Reply #1 on: July 3, 2009, 09:48 »
In the zip file provided along with the tutorial, there is a file called MonkhorstPack.py.

If you are running the scripts from the command line, this file should be placed in the same directory as the main script.

If you are running everything from VNL (by dropping the scripts on the Job Manager), you should place this file in the directory
  • Windows: C:\Program Files\QuantumWise\Virtual NanoLab 2008.10.0\atk\lib\site-packages (modify as needed if you installed the software elsewhere)
  • Linux: {vnl}/atk/lib/python2.4/site-packages where {vnl} is the VNL installation directory
You will probably have to create the directory itself as well.