Author Topic: Error in open Transmission spectrum results  (Read 3869 times)

Offline jlmwilliam

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Error in open Transmission spectrum results
« on: March 4, 2014, 02:13 »
Problem: VNL can not open transmission spectrum
Detail: The transmission spectrum is calculated on a server and then copied to the laptop to do analysis.
At first, the transmission spectrum can be opened. But problem occurs after some operation such as use transmission spectrum to generate the I/V.
After the operation, when click the Transmission Spectrum, an error dialog will pop out and referring:
"An error occurred
The following error was generated during execution of the program:
'energy_zero_parameter'
If the message is not clear or the error is caused by VNL itself, please report the issue to QuantumWise, and make sure to include the traceback (click "Show Details...") and the script.''
How do I fix this?
Let me know if you need any further information.
(PS: 1. The problem only occurs on the calculation results copied from server. No errors for the local calculated results.
       2. No issues in the calculation process.
       3. Both the calculations (server and desktop) use the same script to calculate transmission spectrum.)
======================================================================================================
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\zipdir\NL\GUI\MainWindow\LabFloor\LabFloorModel.py", line 201, in load
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\QuantumWise\atk-13.8.1\vnl\Lib\site-packages\AddOns\ATKNCImporter\ATKNCImporter.py", line 138, in load
    return nlread(filename, object_id=object_id, read_state=False)[0]
  File ".\zipdir\NL\IO\NLSaveUtilities.py", line 358, in nlread
  File ".\zipdir\NL\ComputerScienceUtilities\Timer.py", line 45, in __call__
  File ".\zipdir\NL\IO\NLSaveUtilities.py", line 358, in <lambda>
  File ".\zipdir\NL\Analysis\TransmissionSpectrum.py", line 810, in nlreadTransmissionSpectrum
KeyError: 'energy_zero_parameter'

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Error in open Transmission spectrum results
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2014, 13:43 »
We would need to investigate the file. It's possible it was computed with an older version of ATK that is no longer compatible (and by that I would mean very old). Or, it could have been produced with a beta-version of some recent ATK version, in which case the file may not be readable.

Offline jlmwilliam

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 5, 2014, 04:21 »
We would need to investigate the file. It's possible it was computed with an older version of ATK that is no longer compatible (and by that I would mean very old). Or, it could have been produced with a beta-version of some recent ATK version, in which case the file may not be readable.

Thanks for the reply. I checked the ATK version on the server. It is very old, like 12.2.1. So I have to switch back to the 12.8.2. It seems this problem doesn't happen in 12.8.2.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: March 5, 2014, 16:55 »
12.2 is not "very" old - at least not from a technical perspective, meaning, we should support this file. It's a bit odd actually if it works in 12.8 but not 13.8. If you can share the NC file with us we can have a look, but if it's large please don't email it, but make it available via Dropbox, Google Drive or similar. Another simple option to "heal" the file is to read it in 12.8 and save it again. That should make it work in 13.8 - if not, do let us know. To do this, you just need to run this in 12.8:
Code: python
objects = nlread("oldfile.nc")
for x in objects:
    nlsave("newfile.nc", x)