Author Topic: Single Layer MoS2  (Read 3919 times)

Offline ay14z

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Single Layer MoS2
« on: June 19, 2014, 19:08 »
I'm trying to build a device but my "move tool" in VNL 13.8 is confusing to work with. I looked at the tutorials and I'm not able to single click on atoms to anchor them in order to move them, instead I have to do the click and draw option to select one atom. I'm not sure why I am unable to use the move tool to make adjustments.

Also is it possible to join together hexagonal and simple orthorhombic lattices in a linear fashion?

Offline kstokbro

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumWise
Re: Single Layer MoS2
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 12:30 »
Please let us know which tutorial you have tried, and exactly what step in the tutorial you are not able to do.
Without this specific knowledge it is not possible to identify the problem and assist you,

Offline ay14z

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 20:22 »
I simply learned to use VNL through the online tutorials found here http://quantumwise.com/publications/tutorials/builder
namely: Building a molecular Junction: Au-DTB-Au, Graphene junction device- a nanoscale transistor.

as well as the online PDF Manuals.

In my attempt to fuse MoS2 between two electrodes, the move tool does not operate based on the tutorial instructions. When I add a file from the stash to the builder window it automatically opens the  move tool. From there (from my understanding) I could select atoms to anchor in order to translate the group of selected atoms to a desired location.

I am not able to select atoms to anchor. The atoms do not turn red with a left-click of the mouse. http://quantumwise.com/documents/tutorials/latest/BuilderManual/index.html/chap.move.html

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 05:39 »
I believe we have seen this with some old graphics drivers. Are you on Linux or Windows, and what is your graphics driver (use the Help menu in VNL, it's reported in the About box). And also make sure you use 13.8.1 or 13.8.2, as there are bugs in 13.8.0 (not sure if related to this though, but always a good idea to use the latest version).