Author Topic: License error when parallelling on computing node  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Yue-Wen Fang

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
License error when parallelling on computing node
« on: November 17, 2014, 14:12 »
Dear all,

The installed ATK with a floating license is in a SUGON high performance computer (SUGON-HPC) consisting of master node and many other computing nodes and storage nodes.

Before posting this topic, I have read the topics related to my problem in this forum and also asked help from HPC administrators and the cooperators of QuantumWise in China,  but I still haven't got a nice solution.

Any comment is appreciated.

Bests.
Fang

The problem was soloved  so I modify the content of this topic because of too many private information. Thanks to Dr. Anders's instructions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:29 by Yue-Wen Fang »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: License error when parallelling on computing node
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 22:49 »
These things require a careful analysis, but looking at your error message it seems like the license variable is not set up or exported to the clients. You need to do

export QUANTUM_LICENSE_PATH=6200@login1

and make sure this variable is defined on all clients when running in parallel - the best approach is to include this line in the PBS script.

(You may want to clean up your post - it contains a bit too many private details, or just delete this topic once the issue is resolved.)

Offline Yue-Wen Fang

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: License error when parallelling on computing node
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 02:35 »
Hi, Dr. Anders Blom,

Yeah, you got the key to the problem. Last night, with the help of Dr. Dong from fermi-tech, I finally found the solution which is almost same to your reply.

Thank you for your advice about my posting. I have deleted the private information.

Bests
Fang