Author Topic: Error while running vnl  (Read 2864 times)

Offline ruyam

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Error while running vnl
« on: March 8, 2015, 11:59 »
Dear QW Staff,

When I try to run vnl I get the following error. It was working fine earlier, its only today I am facing this error. What might be the problem and possible solution to this?

libGL error: failed to open drm device: No such file or directory
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965

** Back Engine Exception : Unable to start license system - please contact QuantumWise support.

** Location of Exception : atklicense.cpp:149

/opt/QuantumWise/VNL-ATK-2014.0/bin/vnl: line 9:  6788 Aborted                 (core dumped) $EXEC_DIR/vnl_exec $*

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: Error while running vnl
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2015, 01:01 »
The first 2 errors are not from ATK. Probably something went a bit wrong during a recent update of your system. You can google the two error messages and try to follow the suggestions provided in the various discussions you find this way.

For the ATK-specific error, ensure that your "/tmp" directory has the executable bit set, else the license system will fail. Do "chmod u+x /tmp" - but it may only help once the first errors are solved. Also verify that the /tmp directory is accessible and writeable to your user. Using the "mount" command, make sure that /tmp mount options does not include either of the following flags: "noexec", "nosuid", or "nodev". In normal circumstances, it does not.