Author Topic: vnl error to visualize  (Read 3892 times)

Offline jinylee

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
vnl error to visualize
« on: March 30, 2015, 19:35 »
Dear ATK team,

I have the floating license in my linux server.
I wonder if there is a way to apply this license of linux server to my own computer (windows 8).
This is because there is a problem to visualize my models by ATK running in linux server (as an attached picture)
I think it is because of the low performances of graphic driver/card in linux server, but upgrading the graphic driver/card  is actually impossible.

Thank you in advance your reply.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: vnl error to visualize
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:19 »
You will definitely have a nicer experience using VNL on Windows than over a network connection.

No problem to use the license server on the Windows machine, just set it up the same way as for Linux (i.e. run qw_license_config, which also appears in the Start menu under QuantumWise), and choose floating license and enter the IP address of the license server. See the installation guide for details. However, port 6200 must be open between the two machines, so check firewalls also.

Offline jinylee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 14:40 »
Dear ATK team

Thank you for your answer. Now it works.

I have one more question.

When VNL is opened in my account, other users  who are connected with same linux server (floating license)
cannot open VNL due to license error.

That is, even though we have a license which allows to calculate 24 cpus, only one user can use VNL (the visulaizing interface).

Is there any point we are missing, or it is a regular operating rules of the license.

Thank you in advance your reply.

Offline Umberto Martinez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 16:20 »
It seems you guys have only one VNL license feature.
This feature specified in your license is the one that allows you to run the GUI - Virtual NanoLab -  and it is different from the master/slave features that allow you to run in parallel.
You can take a look here: http://quantumwise.com/support/faq/item/632-licensing-overview

Anyway, please contact your distributor/quantumwise by email to check your license and eventually add more features.

Offline jinylee

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 1, 2015, 22:31 »
Thank you for your answer.

If we want to use several VNLs simultaneously, do we have to upgrade the license by buying more licenses?

Thank you in advance.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: April 2, 2015, 18:16 »
Yes, but of course only VNL licenses, and the cost for that compared to the master licenses is low.