Author Topic: version 2015 for Mac OS ?  (Read 2424 times)

Offline amitwsu

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
version 2015 for Mac OS ?
« on: October 29, 2015, 19:07 »
I downloaded the binary of v2015 on linux workstation (2x Intel Xeon E5 2.1 GHz (6-Core)  64 GB RAM, PNY NVIDIA Quadro K600 GPU, 1GB DDR3) and tried to setup and run the non-equilibrium momentum exchange simulation  (from tutorial).  I notice that the builder runs very slow on Linux platform.  I think the hardware is quite reasonable for this calculation. Do you agree?  Not sure why the software is so slow.

On Macbook pro laptop the response of builder is faster than linux box. However, there is no non-equilibrium MD in version 2014. Is v2015 out for Mac os X ?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: version 2015 for Mac OS ?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 03:43 »
There will not be a 2015 version for Mac due to some library incompatibilities, but we are working on it for 2016.

Probably your Linux setup uses a simple Mesa driver, this will be very slow. You will be able to see this in the Help/About box. You should upgrade the driver to the NVidia vendor driver, then you will see a dramatic improvement. Also remember to turn shaders back on, in case they are disabled now due to the low-end driver - check in the About box and/or File/Preferences menu under the Graphics tab.