Author Topic: the calculated NetCDF in Linux can be used in Windows?  (Read 2658 times)

Offline qingling

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
the calculated NetCDF in Linux can be used in Windows?
« on: September 25, 2009, 03:50 »
Hello,everyone! Now I meet a problem.
I have calculated a two-probe system in Linux, and have the NetCDF file. But now the Linux computer can not run already. I backuped that .nc file in my window's computer. Now I need some continued calculations about this system. I  restarted atk in Window.  
The erro message is : NLValueError: Invalid NetCDFFile.
Does this because the .nc file is Linux format and can't be directly used in window?
If so,have any method to transform the .nc file to window format likely for Gaussian we can use "formchk "to transform?
Thank you very much!

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: the calculated NetCDF in Linux can be used in Windows?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 06:09 »
The NetCDF files are completely transferable between Windows and Linux, as well as between 32 and 64 bit architectures. It might be your NetCDF file is corrupted? Also, the NC files from 2009.06 are not compatible with 2008.10, so if you used the newer version (which only runs on Linux), this cannot be opened by the older version, either on Windows or Linux.

Offline qingling

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2009, 10:32 »
Thank you,Anders Blom !
My ATK are old version both in Linux and in Windows. I try to use the same .nc file in another Linux computer, it run normally. Maybe due to the version used in Linux is atk 2008.02 and in Windows is 2008.10?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 05:11 »
There may have been some cases where older NC file versions could not be opened on newer VNLs, but certainly newer NC files will most likely fail to open with an older version.