Author Topic: How to dope Cs atoms into the hollow sites with different planes of nanoribbon  (Read 4670 times)

Offline nguyenkhanh

• Regular QuantumATK user
  • NGUYEN DUY KHANH
    • View Profile
Dear supports,
I faced with a problem about how to dope Cs atoms into  the hollow sites with different planes of  zigzag graphene nanoribbons. I used to post a question about how to dope Li into the hollow sites of graphene nanoribbons. But the question is very different .  Could you please show me how to do that with ATK? 
Thank you for reading!
Khanh

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Depends on how you want to do the doping. It is quite simple to use the Move tool in the VNL Builder to move the Cs atoms into the hollow site. But do you want to substitute a C atom for Cs, or simply insert Cs into the nanoribbon?

Offline nguyenkhanh

• Regular QuantumATK user
  • NGUYEN DUY KHANH
    • View Profile
Dear Jess Wellendorff,
I  just want to insert Cs atoms into the hollow sites of the ribbons but with different planes no need to substitute a C atom for Cs (like the image I attached  below). Honestly, I can dope the Cs atoms into the hollow sites of the ribbons with the same plane. But in this case, I can't. I spent quite long to find out how to do  this!   Could you please show me how to do that?
Thank you so much for your support!
Khanh
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 16:17 by nguyenkhanh »

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Just open Coordinate tools>Coordinate list, select the atom, and enter a new Z coordinate.