Author Topic: APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Killed (signal 9)  (Read 3578 times)

Offline yasheng

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Dear all,

One of my device calculation stopped with the error 'APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Killed (signal 9)'.

It was ok until calculating density matrix. I don't have any information why this happened.

here is the last few lines of the OUTPUT file

+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
+------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|                                                                              |
| NEGF Slater-Koster Calculation  [Started Fri Aug  5 15:45:13 2016]           |
|                                                                              |
| Left electrode chemical potential  =   -2.866209 eV                          |
| Right electrode chemical potential =   -2.866209 eV                          |

| Checkpoint Handler                                                           |
| Filename : /localscratch/1098620/checkpoint93539301.nc                       |
| Interval : 0.5 h                                                             |

|--------------------------------------------------|
Calculating Density Matrix : APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Killed (signal 9)

Please help me why this error happen and how to get rid of it. 

Thanks,
Yasheng

Offline Umberto Martinez

• Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Hi Yasheng,
can you add your full input script and specify how you run it? i.e. in parallel, which version of ATK, ...
thanks.