Author Topic: Eigen State Calculation error  (Read 2372 times)

Offline Parveen

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Eigen State Calculation error
« on: August 6, 2016, 11:42 »
Hi,

I was trying to determine the Eigen States for my device for quantum numbers somewhat far from those near to HOMO and LUMO levels but end up with following error. I can't figure out why it is showing incompatibility error though i made the script from current version only. Please look at the error message.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./zipdir/NL/GUI/MainWindow/LabFloor/LabFloorModel.py", line 201, in load
File "/opt/QuantumWise/atk-13.8.1/vnl/lib/python2.7/site-packages/AddOns/ATKNCImporter/ATKNCImporter.py", line 138, in load
return nlread(filename, object_id=object_id, read_state=False)[0]
File "./zipdir/NL/IO/NLSaveUtilities.py", line 327, in nlread
NLIOError: The NetCDF file, 'Au_ddq_OG_test5_Au_ES1.nc', cannot be read by the current version of ATK (ATK 13.8.1), since the file is generated by an incompatible (probably later) version (ATK 2014.3).

Thank you

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Eigen State Calculation error
« Reply #1 on: August 7, 2016, 13:39 »
You should check which version of atk is used to generate "Au_ddq_OG_test5_Au_ES1.nc".  Is it generated by the ATK 2014.3 or even later version?

Offline Parveen

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 7, 2016, 13:47 »
It was generated by ATK 2014.3 only, rather before this run, i gave another run for quantum numbers near to HOMO LUMO levels and there was no problem for executing that.

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: August 7, 2016, 22:48 »
Generally speaking one should never mix versions in NC files, i.e. never save data from different versions of ATK in the same NC file. Doing so confuses the "legacy importer" which is the system in ATK that enables newer versions to read older files. But if the file version inside the NC file indicates e.g. 13.8 but your data object was saved with 2014.3, it may interpret the data wrong.

In your case, the message is in a sense simpler: you're trying to read the data in 13.8 but the file was made with 2014. That is not possible: you can't read a newer file in an older version.