Author Topic: how to convert a unit cell in LAMMPS ?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline DR.HARSHA

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
how to convert a unit cell in LAMMPS ?
« on: January 24, 2017, 10:48 »
i have seen in some videos of VNL they are able to export it to LAMMPS (DATA format) just by exporting . But i am unable to export it in on my system. please let me know how to do it

Offline Julian Schneider

• QuantumATK Staff
  • QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
Re: how to convert a unit cell in LAMMPS ?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:51 »
If you have your configuration open in the Builder, in the menu, click "File" -> "Export Configuration". Then the export dialog pops up. Here, you need to select the LAMMPS format in the lower right-hand-corner. Then you select a suitable file name and click save. The your LAMMPS data file will be saved. Note that the produced data file is only compatible with the LAMMPS atom_style atomic. If you want to use a different atom style you may have to modify the data file, e.g. by adding charges.

If you want to import your LAMMPS simulation trajectory into VNL again, you should have a look at the tutorial http://docs.quantumwise.com/tutorials/lammps_trajectories/lammps_trajectories.html

Offline DR.HARSHA

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 22:02 »
i did not get LAMMPS option in the export option. but i installed LAMMPS plug in

Offline Julian Schneider

• QuantumATK Staff
  • QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 17:13 »
i did not get LAMMPS option in the export option. but i installed LAMMPS plug in
You might have to scroll down a bit when choosing the file format to export. The LAMMPS option is normally a bit further down in the list of export options.