Author Topic: Can we use ATK to calculate the real-space PDOS?  (Read 2572 times)

Offline qiuminz

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Can we use ATK to calculate the real-space PDOS?
« on: February 25, 2019, 10:46 »
Dear all,
 I want to calculate the real space resolved DOS using ATK. As shown in the attached picture, the LDOS maps of a bulk system are sampled in different heights over the atomic plan. In ATK script generator, I find that the the PDOS can be  projected to different projections, but no xyz projection is found (I have tested spin.x, spin.y and spin.z. It is not the x, y and z coordinates).  It seems that PDOS of a bulk system can not be  resolved in real-space as the open device system. Besides, the Bloch State can be calculated in specific k-point and quantum number. And it is exactly a class inherit from the GridValues object(As described in https://docs.quantumatk.com/manual/Types/GridValues/GridValues.html#gridvalues-c), thus it is convenient to analyse Bloch State in real-space. In a way, Bloch State can represent the intensity of DOS. The problem is that I want to analyse the system in a large range of Energy from -2 eV to 2 eV (with 0.01 eV step), and  the Bloch State calculation can not be assigned to specific energy level.
Can you give me some advices?
Thanks,

Offline Ulrik G. Vej-Hansen

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Can we use ATK to calculate the real-space PDOS?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 20:28 »
You can give each layer of atoms a different tag, and then project on tags.

You may also use a device configuration of course, but I assume that you already considered that?

Offline qiuminz

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 03:02 »
thank you for your answer. But my configurtion has only one layer, what shou I do ?

Offline Ulrik G. Vej-Hansen

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 09:07 »
But why do you want spatial resolution then? You posted something with a length scale of nm, so that strongly implies many layers in the direction you wish to resolve.