Author Topic: Must electron-phonon coupling (EPC) be used for photocurrent for indirect band?  (Read 2339 times)

Offline wot19920302

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
Dear Quantumwise staffs,
           Recently I have read the paper Efficient First-Principles Calculation of Phonon-Assisted Photocurrent in Large-Scale Solar-Cell Devices
. It can be seen phonon plays an important role in calculating photocurrent for inderect energy gap materials. However, phonon calculation using DFT is pretty expensive and time-consuming. So I want to know if there is one material with small difference between direct gap and indirect gap (e.g. direct gap :0.42 eV, indirect gap: 0.38 eV), under low temperature condition (i.e. phonon effect is suppressed), is it reasonable to calculate photocurrent  not considering EPC? Does  the calculated photocurrent  mainly come from transition of electrons through direct gap?
          Best wishes
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 09:07 by wot19920302 »

Offline Petr Khomyakov

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
is it reasonable to calculate photocurrent  not considering EPC? Does  the calculated photocurrent  mainly come from transition of electrons through direct gap?

I think the answers to your questions are already in the paper you have mentioned, e.g., see Fig. 2.