Author Topic: modelling of metal ions adsorption on graphene sheet  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Monika srivastava

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Dear Sir

I want to model graphene with hydroxyl group (oh-) and adsorb metal ion how the charge is being implemented on system means first i have to model the oh- ion then adsorb it on the sheet and then model metal ion and adsorb it on the oh- adsorbed sheet is it correct way of modelling the charged system or we need to put charges during optimization of the system.

if charges need to put during optimization of the system then what i need to do, should i need to put resultant charge on the system
for example: lets say
                                  charge on OH = -1 e
                                  charge on metal ion= +3e
    then for modelling metal ion adsorption on oh- adsorbed graphene, +2e should be given in the charge box in calculator to model metal ion adsorbed oh- adsorbed graphene

Offline Nordland

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: modelling of metal ions adsorption on graphene sheet
« Reply #1 on: June 4, 2020, 08:38 »
There is a simulation choice you have to make, and there is pro's and con's depending on how you do it.

If I were to carry out the simulation, I would add the total charge to the system. This is for me the least 'biased' simulation of the system.

Offline Monika srivastava

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: modelling of metal ions adsorption on graphene sheet
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 14:45 »
thank you for the reply

But when i put the optimized geometry of oh- ion in the builder and move to scripter and do calculation the tool take it as neutral instead of oh- ion this  i verified through bader as well as mulliken analysis. So how I will put two ions charges one after the other like oh- ion on graphene and then say metal ion on this modeled sheet .