Author Topic: How to repeat the electrode in device configuration  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Thushi

• New QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Hi,
I have been following this tutorial https://docs.quantumwise.com/tutorials/atk_transport_calculations/atk_transport_calculations.html to build a mono-layer WS2 device. When I tried to validate the electrode as mentioned in the tutorial, I get an error saying 'Some elements will be discarded in the self-energy calculation. It is recommended to repeat the electrode in the z-direction to reduce this error.' So I have been trying to increase the size of the electrode without any success. Even if I increase the length of the lattice along the Z direction, the default electrode length doesn't increase.
Do you know how to increase the electrode length along the z-direction?
Your help is very much appreciated! Thank you! 

Offline mlee

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How to repeat the electrode in device configuration
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 11:24 »
Which version do you use? The tutorial version is 2015. Current version uses the minimal electrode, but can adjust the electrode extension in the central region. When you create the device from bulk,  you can create the larger electrode extension if it is enough longer in z-direction. Another option you can find is electrode size for selecting the left or right electrode extension length.