Author Topic: 3D band structure plot  (Read 2421 times)

Offline harkishan_dua

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
3D band structure plot
« on: August 23, 2020, 06:04 »
1. How to generate 3D band structure using QuantumATK? For reference I am attaching one such plot.
2. How to plot atom wise contribution of phonon dos in qunatumATK? I have runned phonon dos and when I am visualizing it using VNL I am getting total phonondos only also I am not getting any setting option to change the plot.

Offline Troels-Markussen

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Heavy QuantumATK user
  • QuantumATK staff
    • View Profile
Re: 3D band structure plot
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 14:28 »
Hi,

1) We currently don't have a built-in analysis tool for visualizing 3D bandstructures. However, it is possibly to make your own plot using e.g. the Eigenvalues analysis object, which calculates the energy eigenvalues of a given configuration for a list of k-points. I have attached a script that calculates and plots the valence- and conduction band structure of graphene in a similar way as your attached plot. I hope you can use this as a starting point and modify it for your own applications.

2) We currently don't have an analysis object for calculating projected phonon density of states. However, I have previously shared a script that you can hopefully use. See the attachment here:
https://forum.quantumatk.com/index.php?topic=6427.msg27005#new

Regards,
Troels

Offline harkishan_dua

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: 3D band structure plot
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:47 »
Thank you for the reply. I have generated 3D band structure plot as per your suggestion.