Author Topic: CNT Schottky diode  (Read 1753 times)

Offline ainunK

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
CNT Schottky diode
« on: August 11, 2021, 21:26 »
Hi Sir,

Im currently studying CNT schottky diode from this paper "A Comprehensive Atomic Study of Carbon Nanotube Schottky Diode Using First Principles Approach Ping Bai,   Kai Tak Lam,   Erping Li ,  Chang, K.K .

I have successfully build the cnt structure and Al atoms separately. Then i created the interface between cnt and Al through interface builder under builders section. However, the structure doesnt look right.  I also tried to merge it  through merge cells under bulk tools section, to see if i can solve. But the structure is still wrong. Therefore, my question is how to get the device of cnt schottky diode like the one in the paper. How can i make it overlap on the left electrode?
I really hope someone can help and advice me what should i do next. Thank you so much.

Offline Tue Gunst

• Heavy QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: CNT Schottky diode
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 09:42 »
In the Builder->interface builder:
When you have added the two structures there is the option to click "Shift Surfaces" before clicking 'Create'.
If a valid force-field is available the "Shift Surfaces" menu can suggest a displacement (Click calculate displacement).
If not then one needs to manually substract a z-displacement to select a sensible interface distance (which can then be optimized separately if not known from experimental data etc).

Offline ainunK

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Re: CNT Schottky diode
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 03:44 »
Thankyou Sir for helping me out.  :)