Author Topic: importing VNL files into VNL on Linux  (Read 3753 times)

Offline zzhang

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
importing VNL files into VNL on Linux
« on: January 20, 2009, 19:19 »
Hello,

I am running VNL with Linux and I am trying to import a vnl file to the lab space. Under the file menu, only an exit option is given. How do I import a vnl to the lab space in this case?  I am using the 2008.10 release.

Thanks,
Zhiyong

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
Re: importing VNL files into VNL on Linux
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 20:03 »
In VNL 2008.10 there is no longer any "Lab Floor" as in old releases. The new method for importing VNL files is either to drop them directly to instruments like the Nanoscope, or use the "Result Browser". If you open this instrument (double-click the icon in the main window), you will find an "Open" button, which in addition to letting you import VNL files also supports import of xyz files.

Once the file is open in the Result Browser, you can inspect the content of the file, and drop (from the left panel) the relevant configurations to other instruments, like again the Nanoscope.

Offline Nordland

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: importing VNL files into VNL on Linux
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 20:04 »
It is quite straight forward if you know it :)

Since VNL 2008.02 the lab floor has gone, and is replaced by the file-system of your computer. In other words, the way you send data into VNL, is done by drag and dropping the VNL file to the instrument of you desire. For instance you can drag and drop the
file to the nanoscope to see 3d-data or you can drag and drop the file to the Result Browser to see bandstructure etc....