Author Topic: what's wrong with the displaying of bond by using ATK 2015.0?  (Read 2687 times)

Offline zdhlover

• Global Moderator
  • QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
I get one strange picture  of  all  structures as the append file, the bond display abnormal by using ATK 2015.0, waht's wrong?
However,the bond of all structures display correct by using ATK 2013.8 in the same computer!
How can I solve the problem by using ATK 2015.0?

Offline zh

• QuantumATK Support
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: what's wrong with the displaying of bond by using ATK 2015.0?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 12:08 »
By adjusting the parameters in "Scene properties" for visualization of structure in the ball &sticks mode, you could make the stick between atoms visible.

Offline zdhlover

• Global Moderator
  • QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 16:19 »
Thanks your reply,but my focus is that  the stick between atoms have a mistake rather than not displayed.
My question is the stick display abnormal by using ATK 2015.0 but display correct in ATK 2013.8 with the same computer.
How can I solve it?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 23:01 »
This looks like a glitch in your graphics driver. Try updating to the latest one.

Offline zdhlover

• Global Moderator
  • QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 11:05 »
 :D You are very clever, I changed  27 inches display a few days ago, the original graphics driver does not support full screen,  and I upgraded to the latest video card driver, the displaying problem occurs. IF I reduce driver to the very older version, the displaying of ATK2015.0  is normal, but I can't full screen display. And If I upgrade driver to get the full screen , our ATK2015.0 cannot display properly.
The question is that ATK2013.8 both  can display properly under the latest version and the old version of the driver. Could you help me that I  can upgrade to the latest driver to obtain full screen and also let ATK2015.0 shows right?

Offline Anders Blom

• QuantumATK Staff
    • View Profile
    • QuantumATK at Synopsys
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 23:52 »
I don't have any simple solution, seems like a combined hardware/driver problem, of course related to VNL in a sense, but nothing I have seen before. You can email support@quantumwise.com and provide more details, like the specific driver version and what's written in the About box in VNL, then we may be able to provide further hints. We have seen some other issues with 4k displays, they are not yet standard enough to necessarily support all applications 100%, although it's interesting that 13.8 works. Notably, in those older versions we didn't use shader technology which is needed for good performance once we get to 100,000 atoms or so. So one thing you can try is to turn shaders off, in File>Preferences under Graphics. It lowers the graphical performance, and some advanced graphical features in VNL are only available with shaders turned on, but maybe the bonds come back :)

Offline zdhlover

• Global Moderator
  • QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 03:57 »
 :) :) :) :)

Very, very happy, as you said, after I turn shaders off  in File>Preferences under Graphics, the bonds come back, thank you very much :) :) :)