Author Topic: Job Manager won't work  (Read 3317 times)

Offline mjavani

• Regular QuantumATK user
    • View Profile
Job Manager won't work
« on: July 22, 2020, 00:49 »
Hello,
I have been working with QuantumATK 2019, and recently experienced some problem as follows:
I start the application, and by using Builder, I built my structure. Then I go to Script Generator and add calculation Optimization and Analysis to the simulation. Finally, I try to run it. This is the part that I have a problem with. After I click on Job Manager, it never goes to the Job Manager page to run the simulation. Could you please give me some advice to resolve this issue. Thank you,

Offline MrJo

• View Profile
Re: Job Manager won't work
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 13:45 »
Dear mjavana,

I once had a similar problem. The job manager would not open anymore and there appeared an error message stating "list index out of range". In another forum discussion I read that this could be related to a corrupted file of the Job manager. The job manager stores the job list and some related information in a file.

If you navigate to your folder on the linux system, you should find a hidden folder called .vnl. In this folder, the job manager places an hdf5 file called Jobs_2019.12.hdf5 in my case. Of course, it might be named different, if you use a different version of QuantumATK. Deleting this file has solved my problem. The job list was deleted then and the Job manager could be opened again. I recommend you to rename the file or moving it somewhere else, before you delete it. Maybe, this will solve your problem.

Best Regards

Offline mjavani

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 01:33 »
Dear MrJo,
Thank you so much, it works.

Offline mashru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2020, 17:58 »
Hello everyone,

I am facing the same issue in 2019.12 version in windows platform. Is the process same in the windows version or is there any changes.
Thanks in advance.

Offline Pieter Vancraeyveld

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 7, 2020, 14:22 »
The procedure on Windows is the same.

Offline malay srivastava

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 01:01 »
Delete the .hdf5 file in .vnl folder. It will work!