Author Topic: How to answer the comment  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Roc

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
How to answer the comment
« on: April 13, 2016, 07:21 »
Dear all,
      I give the DOSs of the central sample under a biase. A reviewer asks the question:  I don't know how to define here's DOS and calculate it because the two-probe system lies in a nonequilibrium state under a finite bias, making the chemical potential deferent on the different positions of the central sample from the L to R electrode. The authors should also explain it.
How to answer the question? Thanks.

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: How to answer the comment
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2016, 11:23 »
Did you do a Device Density of States for the full device under bias, or an ordinary DOS for the central region only? If the latter, I think the reviewer may have a good case.

The DDOS method is documented here: http://www.quantumwise.com/documents/manuals/latest/ReferenceManual/index.html/ref.devicedensityofstates.html
See attached also PNG, where the left and right electrode Fermi levels indicate that the device is biased.

Offline Roc

• QuantumATK Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 13:19 »
Thank you. It is the Device Density of States for the full device under bias.

Offline Jess Wellendorff

• QuantumATK Staff
  • Supreme QuantumATK Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 08:37 »
OK, if you used the DDOS in the paper, and if the left and right Fermi levels are clearly indicated in the paper, I think you should simply explain to the editor how the DDOS is computed from the spectral density matrix, see the notes in http://www.quantumwise.com/documents/manuals/latest/ReferenceManual/index.html/ref.devicedensityofstates.html.